Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Past Couple Weeks.

Well, hi!  

The past two weeks have flown by.  K and I spent 90% of it studying like mad, cramming the law into our brains, hoping we could remember it when the bar exam arrived.  But we did need a few study breaks:

We got our yard back when the sod arrived!


We finished our Lazyman Triathalon...more on that later!


I flew to Columbus, Ohio and spent some quality time with Kappas at Headquarters.  HQ means plenty of Cheetos and M&M's to go around.


While in Columbus, I scoped out the Challenge Course for a leadership retreat I will be facilitating in September.


When I returned, I was surprised with welcome back flowers,  What a sweet surprise!  Aren't they just gorgeous?


On Monday night, K and I headed to St. Paul to prepare for the bar exam.  We decided to get a hotel room so we wouldn't have to worry about the morning commute or being distracted by things around the house.  

There's not much to say about the bar itself.  It was long, brutal, and thankfully, it is now over.  Results will arrive in October, and we'll just deal with all that then.  

Last night, we had a delicious dinner at the Downtowner, where it was 1/2 off bottle of wine night...yum!  We enjoyed a lovely bottle of Moscato to wash away our bar stress. 



That's it.  A busy couple weeks, but now summer finally begins!  Tomorrow we are off to the lake for a little relaxation.  Can't wait!  

XOXO,
Al

P.S.  And this baby has been waiting patiently on my nightstand for 2 weeks, and I can't wait to finally crack it open!  [The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...