Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Channeling Ina.


I love cooking. I love that there are directions. I love that there are an infinite number of options. I love that there are things that look really difficult and impossible but when you take it step by step, magic happens in the kitchen.



And that's how I feel when I channel Ina Garten. She can sound a bit pretentious but damn, that girl knows her food. She makes these incredibly delicious dishes that look terribly hard but when you sit down to eat, you feel like a champion.




Over break, I caught an episode of Ina Garten's cooking show where she recreated a meal from her trip to Florence. Enthralled, I decided to try to recreate two of her dishes - Celery & Parmesan Salad and Herb Roasted Fish. So I channeled Ina, bought most of the right ingredients, and kicked ass in the kitchen. And you can too.



I also made Parmesan Risotto - OMG. I'll share the recipe with you as soon as I can write it up. If you are familiar with Ina, you know she goes on and on about how fresh parmesan is the best. Well, she's right. Do yourself a favor and take Ina's advice on this one. It made this entire meal insanely amazing.



Ok, check out Ina's recipes and add this to your list. You'll be transported to Italy in no time. 

xoxo,
Alex




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...