Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Reading List Update

It's been almost five months since I created my 2014 Reading List and I thought I'd post a little update. I've read some, strayed from my list a bit, and ready some good books. While I have a ways to go, I feel like I'm off to a good start considering I've been more busy the past couple months than I can remember.

In case you are needing a good book, I thought I'd star the ones I think are worth reading. This is just my opinion. If one of these books changed your life, good! Reading is personal. Sometimes you'll be moved, entertained, bored, or inspired. Each book is different, and I'm loving the journey I'm on this year with my reading list.

* Worth a Read.
** Good Book and Worth Recommending.
*** YES. Must read.

Here we go:

READING NOW
Wild -  Cheryl Strayed
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook - Gary Vaynerchuk
Daring Greatly - Brene Brown

READ
The Circle by Dave Eggers *
Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed ***
Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall & Denver Moore *
Love Does by Bob Goff and Donald Miller **
The House Girl by Tara Conklin **
Sycamore Row by John Grisham **
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes ***
Women Who Don't Wait in Line by Reshma Saujani

NOT ON THE ORIGINAL LIST BUT READ
The Invention of Wings - Sue Monk Kidd **
The Interestings - Meg Wolitzer *
The Rosie Project - Graeme Simsion 
Allegiant - Veronica Roth **

I TRIED
The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
Everything Is Perfect When You Are A Liar by Kelly Oxford

TO READ
Personal History by Katharine Graham
The Starboard Sea by Amber Dermont
Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren
Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
The Silent Wife by A.S.A Harrison
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck
Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
Following Jane by Samantha Scordato
Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan
Monuments Men by Robert Edsel
The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
Until I Say Goodbye by Susan Spencer-Wendel and Bret Witter
The Woman's Room by Marilyn French
The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud
Hateship, Friendship,Courtship, Loveship, Marriage by Alice Munro
Frida by Hayden Herrera
The Girls of Slender Means by Muriel Spark
The Liars' Club by Mary Karr
The Woman at the Washington Zoo by Marjorie Williams and Timothy Noah
Last Night I Dreamed of Peace by Dang Thuy Tram
The Lantern by Deborah Lawrenson
South of Superior by Ellen Airgood
The Paper Garden by Molly Peacock
Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
The Woman Warrior by Maxine Hong Kingston
We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
The Accidental Creative by Todd Henry
Envy by Sandra Brown
I Shall Be Near To You by Erin Lindsay McCabe
The Sisterhood by Helen Bryan
When I Found You by Catherine Ryan Hyde
Six Years by Harlan Coben
Genesis by Bernard Beckett
The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin
The Buddha in the Attic by Julia Otsuka
Southern Cross the Dog by Bill Cheng
The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle
The English Girl by Daniel Silva
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett
Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
Tell The Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
____

The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan
A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
Half The Sky by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn
The Awakening by Kate Chopin
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
Backlash by Susan Faludi
Get to Work by Linda Hirshman
Fear of Flying by Erica Jong and Fay Weldon
Big Girls Don't Cry by Rebecca Traister


xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...