Saturday, March 4, 2017

Musings on Motherhood // One Year


A year of firsts. 

First night at home. First walk. First laugh. First roll. First crawl. First steps. First mama, first dada. First sick day, first bump, first bruise. First time up north, trip to the zoo, and adventure to the park.


And then, in a blink of an eye, the firsts became routine. And he grew. And grew and grew. 


My once tiny seven pound baby is now a 20+ pound whirling dervish that doesn't stand still. Time doesn't stand still either.


I've been treasuring every single cuddle and hug lately. It's like he knows I need them more than ever right now.
   

Becoming a mother has completely transformed me. I feel like a completely different  person than I was before Declan. Maybe it doesn't seem so outwardly, but inside, I feel it. It's so difficult to put into words but I'm certain other mothers might understand what I'm going through.


A piece of my heart now lives outside my body.

xoxo,
Alex


Photo Credit: Anna Winberg Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...