Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Currently // February 2018



Here's the maternity leave edition of what I've been up to. Tomorrow, I ship both boys off to daycare and head back to work. Currently feeling ALL the feels!

READING // Cultivate: A Grace-Filled Guide to Growing an Intentional Life, A Simplified Life, What Works for Women at Work, Little Fires Everywhere, Gameplan, Good As Gone, The Women in the Castle (honestly though, I can't remember if I read this one before or during my leave!)

LISTENING TO // The Universe Has Your Back, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, and Educated: A Memoir (I'm slowly getting into Audible...I'm not an auditory learner since my mind starts to wander so I find myself rewinding a lot, but it's a nice alternative to staring at a screen!)

EATING // I did a mostly Whole30 in January. It was going great, and tanking my supply. So I had to make some adjustments but found a couple great recipes that we'll definitely be using, like this Whole30 compliant Zuppa Toscana. I've made it 3 times since January. It's that good.

THANKFUL // That I even get this time to spend with my family and bond with Liam. The statistics regarding maternity leave in the United States are quite appalling.

PLANNING // Declan's birthday breakfast! We celebrate birthdays very lowkey around here. No parties, just a special breakfast, a couple gifts, and then we go on a family adventure. Last year we went to the zoo. This year, we are debating between Camp Snoopy (yes, it will always be called this), Choo Choo Bob's Train Store, or the Children's Museum. But it's his golden birthday so we're making it special!

WORKING ON // My cloffice (closet + office). My old landing space of an office became Liam's nursery. We put the desk in the basement but I wasn't loving the proximity to the boys when I was working at night. So, I came up with an idea to add an mini office to my walk-in closet. It's amazing and I love it. I can't wait to show you what it looks like!

WEARING // I earned a new FitBit Alta HR and love wearing it as I start ramping up my activity. It's a good reminder when I'm sitting all day to get up and move. Plus it does silent alarms which I'll use for staying on my pumping schedule. The worst part is seeing how I slept the night before...or didn't sleep. Because the struggle is real.

WATCHING // Well, I think I watched every single sport in the Winter Olympics, I caught up on Outlander, and still haven't watched this season of This Is Us. So win some, lose some.

That's it for now! I'm going to go slather on some Valor to help me prepare for tomorrow!

xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...