Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer Salad: Watermelon, Cucumber & Feta


This salad kicked off summer for me. It was served at a dear friend's bridal shower over Memorial Day and I begged the lovely hostess for the recipe.  She graciously obliged.  I've made it a couple times since then and am now just getting around to sharing it with you!


Just four ingredients: seedless watermelon, cucumber, feta & white balsamic vinegar. To give you an idea of ratios, I used 1 personal-sized watermelon, 1 large cucumber, & one 4oz. container of crumbled feta.

Here we go: Dice up the watermelon. Thinly slice the cucumber (I used the food processor and it worked like a dream). I also tried to get rid of as many cucumber seeds as possible since I don't like them. Mix in the feta.  Add the white balsamic vinegar to taste. You don't need a ton, you just want to coat the salad.  This salad will get pretty watery (because of the watermelon, obvs.) as is so this is just to add some flavor.


Mix it all up and you have a perfect summer salad! Enjoy!


xoxo,
Alex

P.S. We had our engagement party this week and it was so much fun! Can't wait to share some of the details!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...