Monday, December 23, 2013

This Christmas

Christmas waves a magic wand over this world,
and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.
-- Norman Vincent Peale

I am and will forever be a Christmas person. This time of the year is always so magical. Quiet snowfalls, twinkling lights, crackling fires. 

Despite the festiveness of the holiday season, I find myself extra emotional around this time each year. I can't help but think of those for whom Christmastime brings feelings of loss or disappointment. The joyful carols echo empty and haunting. January is willed to arrive quicker.

A year ago, my life was rocked when my mother was diagnosed with cancer. The holiday season passed in an emotional blur and we kicked off the new year in the hospital. Fast forward one year, and instead of fearful desperation, this Christmas season is full of hope yet again. While her cancer is not gone, it has not grown and that gives us hope.

Our family grew by two as we officially welcomed two incredible people into the Campion clan. Mo is the sister I've always wanted and K is the man I dared to dream I'd find someday. And my parents, well, they are just about the two coolest people I know.

We have been blessed with a roof over our heads and food in the belly. We each have a job we enjoy most days. And we truly have the best group of friends, near and far, that anyone could ask for.

But I am well aware that we are so lucky and blessed beyond belief.

Christmas is a light in a dark world. For those who's light grows dim this season, I wish you heart peace. Although the light is weak I hope your spark does not go out completely.

For those who's light shines brightly, I wish you strength to share your light with others. Take a moment to make spirits bright.

Be merry and bright this Christmas. Enjoy your precious time with family and friends. And keep the faith always.

With hope,
Alex


8 comments:

  1. this was a great one. my favorite so far. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post! Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and all the best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Natalia! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post. Thinking of you and your family. May 2014 bring great things for you all! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...