Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Fitness Toolbox



One of my goals for the year is to be proactive about my health. Last year was filled with so much stress and my body definitely absorbed more than it should have. I wasn't I've been sleeping poorly, battling headaches, and I gained some weight. But, this year is not last year. Things are different now. It's time for change. While being proactive about health means different things to everyone, a big part of it for me means getting my butt movin' and increasing those endorphins. 



But I've learned over the years that I can't do it alone. Here's what I have in my Fitness Toolbox to help me out:

After a couple months, I finally have a working Fitbit again! I love tracking my steps each day and challenging myself to get up from my desk. I move a lot at my new job so I'm interested to wear it this week and see if I'm actually as active as I think.

New Workout Clothes
I picked up a couple cute pieces from Old Navy (like this) and Target recently. Fact - It's easier to workout when you look cute. Or at least think you do, thanks to your rockin' new threads.

For the month of January, I have a bunch of new fitness classes to choose from and it's awesome!

YMCA
I'm recommitting to being a gym rat. With tons of equipment, classes (Zumba, BodyPump, BodyFlow, and Yoga), and a pool, there's plenty to keep me active. Plus, I have a couple sessions with a personal trainer to use.

Seriously, this site is a lifesaver. Once a month, I get a brand new 30-40 minute mix to add to my iPod. It switches up my music and with high BPMs I never want to stop. Well, I do, but you know what I mean.

Apps
I'm using My Fitness Pal to count my calories and water intake and Nike Training Club for workouts I can do at home. This is also a source of ideas to switch up my workouts. This article runs down the best health and fitness apps if you need more inspiration.

Challenges
Skinny Meg's #SMChallenge and Tone It Up's Love Your Body Challenge are two I'm doing. I love the idea of pushing yourself outside your comfort zone but having a community of people supporting you. Anyone else doing the TIU #100byVDay?!



What's in your fitness toolbox? Anyone joining in on the #100byVday challenge? Let's move!


xoxo,

Alex




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...