Monday, January 5, 2015

Let's Talk About ClassPass


A couple weeks ago, I received an email from ClassPass letting me know they were launching in the Twin Cities and wondering if I wanted to be a part of the launch. Um, heck yes! Full Disclosure: ClassPass gifted me with a complimentary month to try it out. 

So what is ClassPass? It's a monthly membership to a variety of boutique fitness classes in the city. There are thousands of classes available to ClassPass members, including cycling, pilates, yoga, strength training, dance, martial arts, and more. 

For $79 – $99 a month (price varies by city), ClassPass members get unlimited classes to studios in the ClassPass network. While members can take as many classes per month as they’d like, they can visit the same studio up to 3 times per monthly membership cycle. 

It's incredibly easy to schedule classes, just search and reserve. There are tons of studios to choose from. I immediately signed up for a couple barre classes since my gym doesn't currently offer them. I've heard great things and was eager to try it out!

Yesterday, I went to my first ClassPass barre class at Barre Bliss in St. Louis Park. I've also signed up for a couple classes this week at HauteBarre. Classes are only open a week in advance to make reservations, which really helps me plan my fitness schedule one week at a time!

Here's what I think so far:

Pros
Variety - I'm loving the variety it adds to my current workout schedule! It's fun to try something new, like barre. I'm also looking forward to attending more than one yoga class a week! Easy to Use - It's incredibly easy to search and sign up for classes. I was worried you'd have to jump through different hoops for each studio but with one click, your space is reserved. Easy peasy.

Cons
Distance - Not all of the studios are super close to me and convenience is a major factor in getting me to work out, especially before or after work. I don't mind driving a bit on weekends though! Price - I do love my current gym, so I'll have to evaluate after the month whether it is worth it to pay for both memberships.


Anyone else using ClassPass? It's definitely one of those concepts where I wish I had thought of it first! I'll keep you posted on how the month goes!

xoxo,
Alex

P.S. Skip the waiting list - sign up for ClassPass here!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...