Thursday, April 28, 2016

Currently 4.28.16


This past year has been an absolute whirlwind. I look back and wish I had blogged a bit more to really capture all the changes that we went through as a little family. Oh well, thank goodness for Instagram, right? 

But, I'm committed to keeping my little corner of the interwebs up and running, even if it means posting fewer and farther between. So, with that, here's what I'm currently up to:

READING // The NightingaleThe Widow, The Paris Architect. Up next: Big Magic and Surprised by Motherhood.

LISTENING TO // The soothing sounds of my breast pump...

EATING // Breakfast cookies! These are saving me when I wake up famished in the middle of the night. I'll post the recipe soon.

THANKFUL // For the opportunity to take maternity leave but...

PLANNING // My return to work. I have an amazing gig going and I can't wait to dive back into it.

LOVING // My little man and being a mama. 

WORKING ON // Our house. We have a couple projects left to finish up including the kitchen, our bedroom, and the upstairs bathroom. Then I'm officially calling it done. Because really, what kind of insane person remodels their house while pregnant and on maternity leave?!

NEEDING // My CLE credits since my law license is up for renewal this summer. 

DREAMING OF // Sleep. 

WATCHING // I still can't get enough of this epic lip sync battle. Melissa McCarthy is unreal. Plus, didn't we all fall in love with Sookie again when she thanked her mom at the MTV Movie Awards: "And to my mom, Sandy Lynn McCarthy, who taught me not to fear being the butt of the joke, taught me not to worry about being likeable and perfect, and to lovingly go for the kill." Yesssss.


Life is so different than a year ago, but I wouldn't change it one bit.
xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...