Monday, May 2, 2016

Breakfast Cookies


These cookies top my list for breakfast during the week. They pack a punch - I can get to lunchtime without a snack. Plus, they can be made in advance. What's not to love?! And if I ever get bored of the current recipe, they are easy to modify. I think dried cranberries or raisins added in would be delicious. But here's my go to:

Breakfast Cookies

2 & 1/3 cups gluten free quick oats

2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1/3 cup chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined. [Note: I throw everything but the chocolate chips into my mixer first. Once it's combined, I add the chips and mix for a little bit longer.] The dough will be very thick. Form the sticky dough into a cookie shape. They don't spread in the oven so make them to the size you want. 


Bake for 15 minutes until edges are very slightly brown. Don't bake any longer or the cookies will taste dry. Cool completely before putting 2 cookies into a freezer bag. These breakfast cookies can stay frozen for up to three months, or fresh at room temperature for a week. 



I'll take a bag out of the freezer and put it in the fridge overnight to thaw. These are perfect for breakfast on the go or when I wake up starving in the middle of the night to feed the little man.

Let me know if you make a batch! Enjoy!

xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...