Monday, May 17, 2010

On the Clock

Exhausted.  Little sleep this weekend and my first full day of work in over a year and I am tuckered out.  I'm excited and overwhelmed by my first day in a law firm.  I met so many people with names and faces that don't quite match yet.  I had hours of training on the firm's software programs.  I have new passwords and codes and rules and shortcuts and numbers to memorize. I have a map of the place to get familiar with.  And most importantly, I have my first assignment.


It's a simple negligence / assault & battery case to research, but it feels important.  Important in the way that I'm getting paid to do research as opposed to the mindless cases we read in school.


Anyway, off to bed.  This week is going to kick my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...