Saturday, May 5, 2012

Gimme Some Guacamole.

In honor of Cinco de Mayo (and the Kentucky Derby), we had tacos and daiquiris for dinner!  One of my favorite things in the world is guac.  Seriously.  For years, I refused to eat it.  I don't know if it was because of the color or because I simply thought it would be disgusting, but either way, I clearly had lost my mind.  Think of all the guacamole I could have enjoyed during those dark days in my life...sad.

Anyway, now I can't get enough.  Gimme some guacamole!  Here's my quick guac recipe that's easy to whip up and simply delicious.  

Start with two avocados, one lime, and one onion.  Simple, right?!


Mash up the avocado.


Squeeze half a large lime or an entire small lime over the avocado.  I like lime so I use a heavy hand!  Add some chopped onions to add texture.  I've also used green bell peppers before as well.



And there you go!  Easy Peasy Guacamole.  Yeah, I'm a nerd.  It's so good, Kurtis couldn't stay out of the final picture!  I keep an avocado pit in the mix to keep the guac green.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...