Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Storms.

I love summer storms.  I love the lightning, the thunder, the giant raindrops.  I love it all.  But I especially love the moments before the storm.  When the sky slowly gets darker and darker.  How the wind will pick up.  The neighborhood gets quiet as people head indoors.  I love it.

Tonight we're expecting a storm.  Nothing too big, a little rain, a little thunder.  Nothing like the storms that will come later this summer.  Just a little preview.



While I was out checking out the storm rolling in, I had to check on my peonies.  Peonies are my absolute favorite!  The big one near the door is almost ready to bloom.


But over on the side, one is already bloomin'!


And my volunteer irises are looking so pretty!


Of course, I had to bring some of the loveliness inside!

 

Irises and peonies...does it get any better?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...