Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Refreshing Drink.

Summer hits and the only thing I want to drink is the Refreshing Drink.  The drink was concocted by my former neighbors and passed on to my parents who kindly passed the recipe on to me.  And now, I'm sharing the pure deliciousness with you!  And once you make it, I'm telling you, your life will be changed.  Easiest and yummiest drink for a hot summer day!

Mo and I were so excited to be back together over Memorial Day that we decided to stage a photo shoot and share our summer drink with y'all.  Yes, I said y'all.  Get over it.

So here we go:  The Refreshing Drink aka Vodka Lemonades

What you need:  vodka, club soda, a frozen lemonade, ice and a pitcher.  Seriously.  That's it.  The picture below has ingredients for a double batch.  


We use regular lemonade.  You can use pink, but it just doesn't taste the same to us.



You'll need one full bottle of club soda (1 liter).



And your vodka of choice.  I use Svedka.



Here's the simple reminder to making the drink: 1, 1, and 1.

One frozen lemonade.




One lemonade can of vodka.




And then, I usually top it off with just a smidge more vodka.  Your call.


And here is where the recipe gets tricky so listen carefully.  Club soda can be sneaky.  It is carbonated and wants to explode.  Open with caution or else club soda will go flying across the kitchen.






Once the club soda is cleaned up, dump the entire bottle into the pitcher.



Mix it all up.



Add ice and taste test.



Perfect.  Pour a cup and enjoy!




Remember: 1 can of frozen lemonade, 1 lemonade can full of vodka, 1 liter of club soda.  1, 1, 1.  And you guessed it - it makes one pitcher!

Cheers!  Happy Summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...