Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fried Eggplant.


Well, hello there! I took a two week hiatus from blogging but am back! The end of February gets to be a little long here in Minnesota and I was definitely feeling a little down.  But I can feel a change in the air and I'm ready to welcome spring back into my life. I'm putting this long winter behind me.

Today, I'm sharing one of my favorite new recipes: Fried Eggplant.  Don't be intimidated - with a little preparation, this is easier than it sounds.

First things first - gather your ingredients.  You'll need an eggplant, eggs, rice chex, olive oil, and marinara (optional).

Once you are prepped, the frying moves fast.  I usually only attempt this when K is around to help me.  Two people watching the pan gives me a little more confidence I'm not going to burn my kitchen to the ground.  Watch the oil - if it gets too hot, it will burn.
 This stuff is so delicious!  And easily gluten-free for people like me who forget how good having fried food is once in a while.  Moderation is key, people!
I like to add a little marinara or pasta sauce, but they are yummy naked too!  All up to you!



Fried Eggplant

1 Eggplant
3 eggs
2 cups GF Rice Chex
Olive Oil

Slice eggplant into thin slices. You will not need the full thing unless you are feeding multiple people.  Cut as many slices as you want.  [Note: For two people, I usually use half an eggplant and that is a pretty generous serving of fried eggplant!] Beat the eggs well.  Use a food processor to turn the Chex into crumbs.  [Note: I use GF Chex but you could always use bread crumbs.] Once you are prepped, heat the oil in a pan.  

Once the oil is hot, dip a piece of eggplant in the egg then the Chex crumbs, making sure each side is coated.  Toss it into the pan and fry on both sides.  Once the pieces are golden brown on both sides, remove from the pan.  Eat while hot, but don't burn yourself!


Enjoy!  And Happy March!  Bring on spring!

xoxo,
Alex

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...