Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blueberry Crisp.


The other day I had a hankerin' for some dessert.  Usually I go for chocolatey goodness like cookies or blondies, but not this time.  I was craving a dessert that screams summer.  Enter: Blueberry Crisp.

I'm not going to lie - this was delicious. Between K & I, it was gone by the end of the weekend.  Truthfully, I'm surprised it lasted that long. Let's just get right to it.

Blueberry Crisp
adapted from Betty Crocker's Cookbook, circa 1981 (truth)

2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
1/2 cup gluten free oats (I use the Trader Joe's kind)
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat oven to 375*F.  Pour frozen blueberries into an un-greased pie pan.  Spread evenly.  Sprinkle with lemon juice.  In separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together.  Sprinkle topping evenly over blueberries.  Bake 30 minutes.  Topping should be light brown and blueberries are hot and bubbly.  Optional and totally recommended: serve with ice cream.  Let cool a bit before devouring.

I'm definitely going to make this again and try it with other types of frozen berries.  We have a berry mix (rasberries, blackberries, and blueberries) that I think would be divine. Yum!

Let me know if you get your crisp on this week!  Enjoy!

xoxo,
Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...