Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Merry and Bright: Bye Bye Blondies (Gluten-Free).


Oh my goodness.  These are just about the most delicious little treats I've made since going gluten-free.  You can make them with regular flour or GF flour but honestly, I couldn't even taste the difference.  And neither could K, my true kitchen tester.  I'm affectionately calling them Bye Bye Blondies because they were gone a blink of the eye.  These three are all that were left when I went to take photos.  Just scrumptious.

Bye Bye Blondies
adapted from Dot's Blondies with Chocolate Chips
2 sticks of butter (I know.  Don't judge.)
2 cups of brown sugar
2 tsp. of baking powder
1/4 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
2 cups of GF flour (I use Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Baking Flour Gluten Free)
2 eggs
2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 baking pan with butter or spray.  [Note: I cut the recipe in half when I made these and used a 8-inch round cake pan.  You can use whatever you have.]  Melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar.  Add the baking powder, salt and vanilla extract.  Stir until mixed completely.  Add in the flour and stir until mixed thoroughly.  

Here's where it gets weird but trust me.  Beat the eggs in a separate, small bowl.  Add the eggs to the batter and stir until they are completely incorporated.  Add in the chocolate chips.  [Note: I added extra chocolate chips from the original recipe.]

Spread the batter in your greased baking pan.  Bake about 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown and the blondies start to pull away from the edge of the pan.  Do not overbake!  Blondies should have a slightly gooey consistency to them.  

Cool for 20 minutes or so before cutting the blondies into squares.  [Note: I dare you to only eat one.]  Store in an airtight container.



  These freeze well and would make an great little holiday gift for someone special in your life.  If you can get them wrapped before they go Bye Bye.  Enjoy!

xoxo,
Alex









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...