Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies.



I had a revelation in the kitchen the other day.  I was about to start baking, and I started worrying about taking pictures in my ugly kitchen.  It's not the most gorgeous kitchen, a little outdated, but it functions.  And here's my revelation:


You don't need a pretty kitchen to make delicious food.

Pretty life-changing, eh?  So I put those decorating/renovating thoughts out of my mind and set to work baking some delicious gluten free goodies.




Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
adapted from Penzeys Cooking recipe book

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350*F.  Mix all the ingredients together and then fold in the chocolate chips.  Scoop dough onto  cookie sheets and bake for about 10 minutes.  Don't over do it if you like soft gooey cookies.  Bake a little longer if you like your cookies a little crispier.


These cookies are so delicious and they are gluten free to boot!  And they are boy approved.  I made these babies in December for my brother and future sister-in-law's engagement party in December.  My brother's friends were hovering near the table and I asked them if they liked the cookies.  Here's what I got: "Are you kidding?  I've had about four."  Every baker's dream answer!  Success!  I made them again this weekend and K gave a rousing endorsement too, so these cookies are officially man-friendly!

Bake away!

xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...