Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Secret to the Perfect Meal.


Like most people, I eat dinner every night, but after a busy day, it is easy to take dinner for granted.  Work, stress, and other obligations can weigh heavily on my mind and a meal becomes just another meal.

But over the years, I've learned the secret of a perfect meal:  

Love.

The act of preparing a meal is one made out of love.  I learned this first from my family and as I grew older, I   have learned the love of sharing a meal with close friends.  


Last week, I was in Chicago with Kappa Kappa Gamma working on GIRLS Academy.  We stayed with my friend Janet, who is the ultimate hostess.  But add seven sisters, and dinner time becomes down right magical.

Each person had a role - one on salad, one on pasta, one on my gluten free squash "pasta", one on gazpacho, one on bread, one on wine, etc.


Yet, it never felt like too many cooks in the kitchen. :)  Our dinner was made up of so many delicious ingredients:

Pasta,


hot bread, 


steamed artichoke,


toppings of tomato, squash, zucchini, and mushrooms,


citrus and avocado salad,


fresh homemade dressing,


and lots of olive oil.


Our lovely hostess even whipped up gazpacho,


topped with fresh basil from the garden.


And no meal is complete without good friends and good wine.  


And all it takes is a little love.  That's the secret to a perfect meal.


xoxo,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...