Monday, November 19, 2012

Simple Banana Bread.


In a perfect world, I would have chocolate chip banana bread every single day.  Seriously.

As luck would have it, we ended up with a ton of bananas that were going ripe a little too fast.  What's a girl to do?  Make banana bread.

I was getting a little tired of my old go-to recipe.  It called for applesauce instead of butter, but you know, you just don't always have applesauce on hand.  I needed a simpler recipe.  Enter Simply Recipes.  

Elise's Banana Bread recipe looked like just what I needed: minimum ingredients that I already have on hand and easy no-fuss preparation.  Plus, it's tried and true, handed down through friends and family.  Perfect.


I made it just like she said except I added a pinch of cinnamon.  Everything just tastes a bit better with cinnamon, don't you think?

Banana Bread
adapted from Simply Recipes
3-4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (I might make it 1 Tbsp next time)
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of flour (all-purpose or GF all-purpose)
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix butter and mashed bananas together.  Add sugar, egg, and vanilla.  Mix in baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.  Last, add the flour.  Mix well.  Pour into a 8 or 9 inch bread pan.  Bake for 1 hour.  Recipe makes one loaf.   

One note:  While you don't need a mixer for this recipe, I did use mine to beat the bananas smooth.  We like our bread without tons of fruit chunks.  

It turned out great!  K gave it his stamp of approval so I know it's a winner.  I'm going to make a GF version tomorrow so I can enjoy it too!  And I just might add some chocolate chips...

Do you have a go to Banana Bread recipe?  

xoxo,
Alex



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...