Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Give Blood, Save Lives.

Confession: I love giving blood.  Weird, I know.  But it's true.

It started in high school at the National Honor Society (yes, I'm a nerd and proud of it) blood drives each year.  In college, I helped plan the Carolina/Clemson Blood Drive.  And in law school, the Women Law Student Association started organizing yearly blood drives while I was a member.  My parents give regularly, and I have followed their lead.  This is something I feel passionate about and I urge you from the bottom of my heart to consider giving blood.

The facts are simple:

1 hour of time = 1 pint of blood = 3 components = up to 3 lives saved

1 out of 3 people will need blood in their lifetime

the demand for blood does not go away, the supply does

If you began donating blood at age 16 and donated every 56 days until you reached 76, you would have donated over 48 gallons of blood, potentially saving 1,100 lives!

As the busy holiday season begins, please consider scheduling a time to give blood.  Blood supplies get low this time of year and they desperately need donations.  Scheduling an appointment is super easy through Memorial Blood - just click here.  You just never know whose life you might save.

xoxo,
Al


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...