Thursday, October 4, 2012

Candy Corn Chow.




My book club resumed last week and since we rock it potluck style, I needed to whip something quick after work.  Unfortunately, it was right before we headed out of town so our cupboards were pretty bare.  Lucky for me though, I had enough staples to create this festive little snack!  [Sidenote:  Candy Corn Chow is just a modified Puppy Chow.  Easy peasy.]

What you need for Candy Corn Chow:
Peanut Butter
Butter
Vanilla
Powdered Sugar
Cinnamon
Candy Corn


Ok, here's how easy it is:  

Step One.
Add 1 cup of peanut butter and 2 Tbsp of butter to a microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave for 1 minute.  Stir in about 1 tsp of vanilla.  Pour the combination over 6 cups of Chex and mix gently.  

Once the Chex are fully coated with delicious PB, it's on to Step 2.

Step Two.
I use a paper grocery bag to coat the Chex with Powdered Sugar.  Pour 1 cup of powdered sugar into the bag, add the pb-coated chex, roll the bag and shake well.  Each piece should be covered completely.  I don't normally add cinnamon to puppy chow, but my festive fall version demanded it.  Sprinkle cinnamon liberally over the entire batch.  Mix in a bag of candy corn and devour.

That's it.  Modified Puppy Chow or as I like to call it: Candy Corn Chow. 


P.S. My dad loved this stuff.  We were booze cruisin' and leaf peepin' this weekend and he made everyone try the Chow.  That's how I know it's good.  Trust the dad.

xoxo,
Al


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...