Thursday, December 27, 2012

MexiCorn Chip Dip.

Over the holidays, there were plenty of times to gather with family and friends and nosh on some delicious food.  We had a little Christmas shindig at work that called for appetizers so I whipped up an old favorite: MexiCorn Chip Dip.

Growing up, this was my mom's go-to recipe.  It's easy, delicious, and a great alternative to salsa and guacamole.  If you are looking for a quick recipe for your New Year's Eve party, look no further!

[Sorry I don't have a picture - the dip was devoured, people started asking for the recipe, I didn't have a camera...it was really just poor planning on my part.  Next time.]

MexiCorn Chip Dip

1 can of MexiCorn (I used 2 small cans from the jolly Green Giant)
1 can chopped green chiles (again, I used 2 because the can was tiny and I wanted a little extra kick)
1 dry ranch dip packet 
1 8 oz. package of light cream cheese
1 8 oz. container of sour cream
1 can chopped black olives (I despise olives so I always pass on this)

Mix the sour cream and cream cheese together.  Add the ranch packet and mix together.  Drain the corn and chilis and add them to the bowl.  Stir together.  Chill and enjoy!  Serve with tortilla chips.

Refrigerate the dip in a air-tight container and it should last about a week.  Just give it a stir before serving!  This would be the perfect, easy appetizer for a New Year's Eve party!

Enjoy!

xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...