Friday, December 28, 2012

Finishing Resolutions.

Maybe it's being a New Year's Eve baby, but I take resolutions very seriously.  Starting a new year one year older is the perfect time to reflect on the past year and set some realistic goals for the next year.  I try to make them achievable yet challenging, some tangible, some intangible.   For example, my 2012 resolutions included Run a 5K, Be a Better Person, and Graduate, Take the Bar, and Be Sworn in as Attorney.  Obviously some I can easily track and some I can't but they are all reminders through the year to continually push myself.

I always try to include some sort of fitness goal to keep me on track.  2012: Run a 5K.  

But as of last week, I still had not run a 5K.  I hate to run.  I'd much rather go to Zumba, yoga, or hop on the elliptical than run.  It has always been a challenge for me.  But for the last three years, I've resolved to do it but never completed it.  Until this week.  

I can finally cross Run a 5K off my list!  On Christmas Eve Eve, K and I went to the gym and I hopped on the dreaded treadmill, punched in the 5K program, and off I went.  I'm not going to lie, it sucked, but I did it.  I did intervals because I couldn't run the whole time, but in less than an hour, it was over.  And I finished with a grin on my face.

Crossing it off my resolutions list was the best feeling ever!

This summer, K and I completed our gym's Lazyman Triathalon - 6 weeks to complete the Ironman.  Those were my two huge fitness challenges for 2012 and I'm already brainstorming about what I am going to do for 2013.  I'm thinking it will involve Body Pump (a class I've always wanted to try) or another race-like challenge.

Do you do New Year's Resolutions?  I'll be back with some of my 2013 resolutions next week!

xoxo,
Alex


P.S. Tidbits will be back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...