Sunday, December 2, 2012

Merry and Bright: Saint Grand.

[source]

Yesterday, I asked you to believe in angels this Christmas season.  Now I'm going to tell you about one that works in the Twin Cities.

Every year, the Salvation Army sets out their red kettles, volunteers ring the bells, and strangers give their change or cash to raise money for the Salvation Army's programs.

Last year, an anonymous donor started leaving $1000 donations - 10 crisp $100 bills - in random kettles throughout Minnesota.  By the end of the holiday season, the anonymous donor made 23 donations.  The Salvation Army affectionately nicknamed the donor, "Saint Grand."

This year, Saint Grand is back.  Already, he or she has hit five kettles in Minnesota.  I can't  wait to see how many donations Saint Grand makes this year.

Honestly, I don't think Saint Grand is just one person.  I think he or she started as one, but I want to believe in the generosity of Minnesotans.  I hope Saint Grand inspired others to give as well.  I can't wait to see where Saint Grand strikes next.

Do you believe?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...