Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eleven Years Ago.

Eleven years ago.  Hard to believe it's been that long.  Some days it feels like yesterday.  Some days it feels like another lifetime.  I was a sophomore, heading to homeroom, when I overheard the president of the school say he thought someone just bombed the Pentagon.  I got to homeroom in time to see the first tower fall.  And we sat in horror as our world changed in an instant.

But I will never forget that during that tragic day, my aunt and uncle brought three new lives in to the world.  The triplets will only know a post-9/11 world.  But they are living proof that in the darkest of days, there are moments that make you stop and appreciate life.

As September 11, 2001, fades farther into history, take a moment today to remember where you were, who you were with, and how strangers pulled together to help each other out in those hours and days that followed.  Remember those people who lost loved ones that day.  Remember that day that changed our nation.  That changed me.  

But most of all, please remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...