Thursday, September 13, 2012

Seeing Red.

Last summer, K painted two of our doors red.  We thought about painting the front door to match but it took me a bit to commit to the idea.  Last weekend, I took the leap and K painted the door!

Red doors are simply classic.  In Feng Shui, a red door means "welcome."  Perfect!  Red doors can also bid you good luck and bring happiness and energy into the home.  What's not to love about that!

Before:








I love our little lion man we inherited with the house.  When we move, he's coming with us.



K patched and sanded the door,



removed the hardware,



taped the windows and primed the door.





After:



I just love it!  We used Sherwin Williams' Stolen Kiss and to me it's the perfect red.  When the door is open, it adds such a lovely pop of color to the living room!



The big storm door blocks most of it from the street so we are debating what to to there.  We're either are going to take the storm/screen door off or paint it to match.  We'll see.  



All I know is that next year, my hanging pot won't be pink.  I also want to move that hook over a little so it doesn't block the front light but that's a project for another day.

So, what do you think?!  

xoxo,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...