Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting Thrifty.

I love thrifting.  It's not K's favorite.  Like, at all.  So, in order to get my thrifting fix, I turn to my mama for a partner in crime.  On the last day of the month, the thrift store up north goes half-off.  Literally everything in the store is 50% off.  Love!

In July, I swung into the store and found this lovely set of china.  Even though it was "on sale," I decided to wait.  It turns out my mom also was debating on the china!  We decided then and there that if it was around in August, we were buying the china to share.  

August 31st rolls around and as soon as the doors opened, we were there to purchase our "new" china!  Score!  For only $12.50 (and really only $6.25 since we split it), we have a new set of dishes perfect for future showers, Easter, and any other entertaining.  And if you need to know anything about my mama and me, we love to entertain!  

So here's our treasure:


The set is complete except for one teacup.  I can deal with that.


Each piece has a different flower.


I love the gold edging!
  



And after a good scrub, the set just shines!



Can you believe we got this for only $12.50?!


Have you been thrifting lately?  Any good finds?

xoxo,
Al

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness what an AMAZING find! I need to find a good thrift store near me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...