Tuesday, January 8, 2013

DIY Sugar Scrub for Your Body.


It's winter and I live in Minnesota which means my skin is needing a little TLC right now.  I pinned this sugar scrub weeks ago and couldn't wait to try it.  After checking out a couple more homemade scrub recipes, it was time to gather my ingredients.  All you need is three things: sugar, baby oil, and essential oils.  I highly recommend using tupperware or some sort of plastic container if you are going to store the scrubs in the shower.


Maureen and I decided this would be the perfect post-holiday craft to tackle at the cabin after Christmas.  We made 5 batches so Mo and I could try both of our flavors of choice (Peppermint and Coconut) and my mom could have a batch.


DIY Sugar Scrub
(for body)

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of baby oil
a few drops of essential oils (we used coconut and peppermint but there are so many options for you to choose from!)

[Note: The peppermint oil was much stronger than the coconut oil so we used more drops of the  coconut.  There's no science here, just add drops until it smells good to you!  Our baby oil had a slight smell so we tried to cover that.]


Oh baby, these things are amazing!  The peppermint wakes you up and the coconut takes you away to somewhere warm.  And my skin feels so smooth.  I think the best part is when you wash away the sugar, the baby oil is left add moisture to your skin.  LOVE the exfoliation. Yes, I know I'm weird.

DIY Sugar Scrubs are super easy to make and will save your skin this winter!

xoxo,
Alex



10 comments:

  1. I have pinned a few of the DIY scrubs on pinterest, too, but have yet to try them. But, my skin is in need of some TLC, too!(thanks MN winter) This looks simple enough - and glad to hear that it works. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! It was really so easy - I can't believe I hadn't tried it sooner.

      Delete
  2. I Love these scrubs!! I have been using the peppermint in the morning to wake up, and the coconut at night to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin needs this! Thanks for sharing it!
    Wow-this is quite an undertaking! I'm just stopping by to invite you to join a google plus community for Minnesota bloggers, like the two if us. If you're like me it'd be nice to have a little blogging community and maybe even meet up in real like someday! Hope to see you there! Just head to google plus and search "Minnesota blogger" in the communities. Ps- if you'd like to check out my blog, here's the address: www.dosmallthingswithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I joined the Google+ community so thanks for letting me know about it. I will definitely check out your blog, too!

      Delete
  4. where can you buy essential oil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine at grocery stores like Lund's and Byerly's, but I know there are stores that specifically sell essential oils. You might have to ask around in your neck of the woods. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  5. I'm wondering if you could use mineral oil instead? There's no scent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what if i don't put in any essential oil? will it affect the product? or maybe can i replace with any other ingredients? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...